Scarborough Cricekt Club was founded in 1849 and the first matches were played on Castle Hill. A tenancy of the current site in North Marine Road was obtained in 1863 and the freehold purchased in 1878 for £7,000 and has remained the home of the Club ever since.
The world famous annual Cricket Festival started in 1876 and continues to this day having attracted the touring teams and most of the top first class cricketers throughout the decades.
The Club has been host for Yorkshire County Cricket Club matches since the end of the 19th. century and the current staging agreement ensures ten days of coutny cricket each season until at least 2020.
The Scarborough 1st. XI plays in the Yorkshire E.C.B. County Premier League having won the title on 13 occasions. The 2nd. XI plays in the York and District Senior Cricket League and the 3rd. XI in the Scarborough Beckett Cricket League. The Club also has an Evening League XI and four junior teams at Under 15, 13, 11 and 9 age levels. The Club has won the National Club Championship on five occasions, more than any other Club, playing and winning the final at Lord's in 1972, 1976, 1979, 1981 and 1982.
The Club seeks sponsorship at all levels, welcomes new members and has clubroom facilities for business conferences and private parties.